Nutritional Services and Room Service Dining Program
The Nutritional Services Department at Community Memorial Hospital makes every effort to ensure your dining experiences with us are pleasant and accommodating. In order to serve our patients more efficiently at Community Memorial Hospital, we have developed a special meal preparation and meal delivery service.
After you are admitted or soon after, your physician will prescribe a specific diet to meet your needs. Your nurse will relay that information to the Nutritional Services Dept. Your nurse will let you know when you may begin ordering meals from the Nutritional Service Department. A representative from the Nutritional Department comes around and interviews, giving you the menu choices.
You may want to visit with your nurse prior to ordering so that you will be aware of any scheduled tests or procedures that are near mealtimes. Your nurse will let you know of any of these situations. You are welcome to request food anytime during our regular operating hours, which are 7:30 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Additional Notes from the Nutritional Department:
- Your physician may prescribe between meal snacks, which will be delivered to your room at the appropriate time.
- Certain tests mandate that you do not eat for a period. When this happens, your nurse will let you know when it is okay to receive meals.
- If you desire, you may pre-order up to three meals in advance.
- If you do not wish to order a meal from our menu, the dietary staff will choose one for you.
- If you need assistance when ordering, a nurses aide, family member or dietary person will assist you.
- If you are uncertain about the diet your doctor has ordered, a nutritional services staff will assist you when you place your order. They will help you choose menu items that best meet your diet needs.
Karla O’Daniel, Nutrition Service Director
Certified Dietary Manager, CFPP