Spink County Ambulance Service
Back row: L-R Eric Schueth, Wendi Owens, Mike Sanger, Simon Appel. Steve Hansen, Cindy Sanger, Jesse Lewis Front row: L-R Nova Collins, Amy Akin, Cyndi Bachman, Susan Schaeffer, Terry Kissner
Not pictured: Dawn Oakley, Sheri Zens, Kandi Shantz, and Sharon Rothacker
- Operates with 3 ambulances and answers approximately 500 calls per year
- Is the sole provider for Redfield and the surrounding areas
- Has the 911 coverage area of approximately 1800 square miles including Spink County and portions of Faulk and Hand counties. They also answer calls into Beadle County.
- Winner of the 2002 South Dakota EMS Service of the Year Award
- 2003 and 2004 People Saving People Award
- Outstanding EMS Service
- Promoting Injury Prevention Award
- National recognition by the American college of Emergency Physicians in a planning guide for EMS week using Spink County Ambulance as an example to follow.
- Community activities include:
- Free Blood Pressure checks
- Free Blood Glucose checks
- EMT classes
- CPR classes
- First Aid classes and demonstrations
- Provides standby coverage for community events such as football (Redfield, Doland, Northwestern, Hitchcock Tulare), parades, mud races and bull riding.
- Sponsors a mock accident drill for the high school coordinating with law enforcement, fire department, clergy, school administration, hospital staff and rescue helicopter staff.
Operated by Community Memorial Hospital.