To prepare and/or to be responsible for preparation of foods for patients, guests, and employees. Will be responsible for the preparation of foods for employees in the cafeteria and will be responsible to coordinate with other departments in catering all hospital events and meetings as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to arrive at work promptly and complete the job as assigned.
- Ability to complete tasks per the given job schedule.
- Ability to work in an environment that may expose an individual to communicable disease.
- Ability to communicate with staff, patients and visitors.
- Ability to use cleaning chemicals per written guidelines.
- Ability to plan own work schedule based on the menu of the day.
- Ability to follow food production, sanitation and safety guidelines to meet the requirements of regulating agencies.
- Ability to manage the production of the employee’s meals and catering of events and meetings of the hospital so that the meal is flavorful, attractive, and have good quality of food. Meals will be serviced in a timely manner.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Ability to follow sanitation guidelines as specified in the Dietary Policy Manual.
- Ability to work with fellow employees to meet the objectives of the department.
- Ability to provide documentation as required-temperature records, meal records, filling out tray cards.
- Ability to communicate with other departments in implementing the nutritional care of a patient.
Essential Physical Demands:
- Ability to work in an environment that varies in temperature and humidity.
- Ability to lift correctly.
- Ability to stand on feet in one position for a limited period of time.
- Ability to walk on hard and possibly damp surfaces.
- Ability to use arms and hands repetitively.
- Ability to bend, stoop or squat to reach items located below waist level.
- Ability to lift 10-20 pounds as in carrying dished trays or filled trash cans.
- Ability to pull 10 pounds as in pulling open a freezer or walk in refrigerator door.
- Ability to exert 60 pounds of pushing force as in pushing food cart.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds as in lifting cases of food, dish tubs or food items.
Kitchen, employee dining room, manager’s office, nurses station, and patient room.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Steamer, slicer, processor, convection oven, conventional oven, gas stove, vacuum cleaner, buffer and shampooer.