“At Community Memorial Hospital and Redfield Clinic, we recognize the value of every person and are guided by our commitment to excellence and leadership. Our Mission is to improve the health of every person we serve through the efficient delivery of excellent innovative and compassionate care.”
“Our Commitment to a Healthy Future” campaign raised funds to purchase various items for the $6.2 million expansion and renovation project that began at the hospital in spring 2009.
The 17,000 square foot addition provided 13 new inpatient rooms, two cardiac care rooms, two emergency rooms, pharmacy, patient registration area, and a new ambulance/emergency entrance. The renovation remodeled about 9,500 square feet of the hospital, including an operating room, recovery room, ambulatory surgery rooms, visiting specialist room, outpatient treatment center, bone density scanning room, ultrasound room, and other support services
Built in 1950 as a 40-bed short term general hospital, the hospital had 8 bassinets, diagnostic services in laboratory and x-ray and treated both medical and surgical patients.
- In 1968, an addition was constructed, changing the bed capacity to 44.
- Considerable remodeling was done during this time (1968) to meet the needs of a growing community.
- The clinic was added on to the hospital in 1991, decreasing bed capacity to 25.
- An ambulance service was added in 1972.
- The clinic was purchased by the hospital and city in June of 1993.
- Designated as Critical Access Hospital in June, 2000.
Board of Directors
Hospital Executive Board
Kristine Wren, MD