Nutritional Services and Room Service Dining Program
Dietary setting up the new salad bar buffet to serve the Staff lunch. The newly remodeled kitchen started serving Staff lunches on May 2nd 2016
The CMHC Foundation approved a grant recently to fund a long-awaited remodeling of the hospital kitchen.
Equipment in the remodeled hospital kitchen.
The Nutritional Services Department at Community Memorial Hospital makes every effort to ensure your dining experiences with us are pleasant and accommodating. In order to serve our patients more efficiently at Community Memorial Hospital, we have developed a special meal preparation and meal delivery service. Our program is very similar to a hotel room service in that it gives you greater control over what you eat and when.
After you are admitted or soon after, your physician will prescribe a specific diet to meet your needs. Your nurse will relay that information to the Nutritional Services Dept. Your nurse will let you know when you may begin ordering from the room service menu, which will be available in your room. If you don't call your order down a representative from the Nutritional Department comes around and interviews, giving you the menu choice of the day.
You may want to visit with your nurse prior to ordering so that you will be aware of any scheduled tests or procedures that are near mealtimes. Your nurse will let you know of any of these situations. You are welcome to request food anytime during our regular operating hours, which are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Additional Notes from the Nutritional Department:
- Your physician may prescribe between meal snacks, which will be delivered to your room at the appropriate time.
- Certain tests mandate that you do not eat for a period. When this happens, your nurse will let you know when it is okay to place your order.
- If you desire, you may pre-order up to three meals in advance.
- If you do not wish to order a meal from our menu, the dietary staff will choose one for you.
- If you need assistance when ordering, ask your nurse, nurse's aide, family member or dietary person.
- If you are uncertain about the diet your doctor has ordered, a nutritional services staff will assist you when you call to place your order. They will help you choose menu items that best meet your diet needs.